Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Displays

Guest Dee

Hi there All

Need some help as I have a mind block. I need to do a maths display but am not sure what to do. The reception class next door has done one on colour and shape so I would like to do something different but can't think of anything quick and effective.....any ideas ? :o

:o How about repeating patterns, for example use different parts of the body/ fruit & veg printing to create these. Can also link to number formation, counting it 2's (hands) etc.

hope this helps xD

I once made an interacive display, I'll try to explain as I don't have a picture.

Get some A3 laminating sheets ( as many as you want) and run them empty through the laminater. Use these to fix onto stiff card, vertically. Use a long handled stapler or tape to fix.

Write a number above each tube, or up the side of each tube, you could also disciminate by using different coloured numbers as well. We used balls, but you could use any item that matched the clour, then the children have to place the correct number of items into the tube.

yippee found the picture, attached.

Peggy

post-3604-1190143653_thumb.jpg

Have just been on sparklebox and they have some good ideas in their display section, particually like the traffic lights one, would provide the link but am not that good!!!

ps like the idea Peggy :o

Thanks guys , those are great ideas.... don't you find that displays take up so much time. I enjoy doing them but there is never the time in the day! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)