Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery - Pre-school Room

I am very interested to know what the funded part of your nursery day looks like?

E.g:

How many adult planned activities are there?

How many of the 6 areas do you plan to cover in 1 session?

What are your adults doing - where are they deployed?

How much is child-led or free choice?

I am coming across conflicting interests from varying parties, and am in need of some inspiration please.

In my LEA nursery we have 3 adults. During tescher directed time we have 2 adult led activities and 1 supporting activitie where children who finish the teacher directed activity can go. we have 3 groups of children and rotate for 3 days. have tried 3 directed but when children finish before others there was no one to supervise them. we have 2 main objectives for the teacher directed, but also have objective for snack time and outside time. i try to make sure that all areas are covered throughout the week.

Hi Shelley -

To be honest, there's nothing different! Our routine is always the same, term-time or not. There is freeplay all morning, with one focus activity that is adult led, a circle time before outdoor play of about 20 minutes. After lunch there is a story/rhyme/singing time for about 20 minutes (while tidy up is going on), then freeplay with the same focus activity, until outdoor time. After that we have a keyworker time, quiet time and tea. After tea it's story then freeplay till children are collected, outside whenever possible.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)