Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking Progress - Bithr To Three/ Foundation Stage

Does anyone have any help or advice on how I can set up a simple but effectibve way og tracking children's progresss through the early stages/steps of foundation stage whilst some of the children are stilll operating in the Birth to three framework.

This is a childrens centre/daycare setting so it needs to effective but not too labour intensive. I've been up since 5am. trying to juggle around with the format and don't feel I'm getting there.

I would really appreciate some help, or if someone has done something similar would love to see how you manage it.

Thanks in advance.

Sunshine :o

Hi not sure if this is what you mean, at my setting we may have 8 children in a key group with half working to birth to three and the other half the foundation stage. We just have to do two totally different forms of observing and planning. I have some observation/next step sheets for birth to three, let me know and I can email them to you. Julia

I have 2.5 to 3 year olds alongside the 3-4 year olds so I plan to link the frameworks, I haven't done an observation format that strictly marks off B23 but I highlight it in planning and photographic evidence, I observe by looking at the b23 components prior to an observation and plan individually by observation evidence.

There are some good links on here somewhere, maybe a search for links for b23 and foundation stage?

EYFS next September for me may clarify the differentiation a little easier!?? :o

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)