Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Post Office Role Play

Last week the children have shown an interest in writing letters and posting them so I am going to set up a post office. Have been downloading quite a few bits already but would like to display a picture of a post man & lady. Can find the postman but not had any luck with the lady. Any suggestions where I can find one?

mrsb

p.s. any other ideas greatfully received :o

Royal Mail do a free resource pack for nurseries and schools - I think I originally found out about it on here but don't know what the link is. The pack had some lovely bits and pieces in it including signs and proformas and an ink stamp for the mark-making area - all free! There were some bits that were more suitable for older children but the pack is well worth having.

Have a look on their website and you should find some info - it was a telephone number I think and delivery was very quick.

Yep. We've got the post office freebie. Its good. Ask parents to save all their junk mail reply envelopes, if you've got a sewing machine it makes good stamps, yes really! Don't thread it up and then machine on sticky coloured paper in a grid pattern. Your local post office will let you have forms, flyers etc and if its close enough why not take the children there. Have the children write a letter, put it in an envelope and address it to themselves, then post it and see how long it takes to come back. We all love getting post! ELC did do a posting game which was a solid, well thought out matching game with plastic letters, stamps, envelopes and a dice.......

What about 'Katie Morag delivers the mail' story if they are old enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)