Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E123 & E124

:o Just received my letter of confirmation of registration to start these courses in February 2008 which seems a long way of now...........anyone else starting in Feb I could share the journey with???

Anyone living in West Sussex area doing this?

mrsb

I'm starting E123 in October this year and hopefully E124 in Feb! I'll be your study buddy if you like..... I got the stuff through the other day and it was..... weighty! xD

Sarahx :o

I'm starting E123 in October this year and hopefully E124 in Feb! I'll be your study buddy if you like..... I got the stuff through the other day and it was..... weighty! :(

Sarahx :o

I wish I had done the same as you...started E123 in October then E124 in Feb but I was too late and so opted to do both next year. Have been told that it's quite difficult doing them together (gulp!)

It would be great to have a study buddy, good luck to you & keep in touch

mrsb xD

I wish I had done the same as you...started E123 in October then E124 in Feb but I was too late and so opted to do both next year. Have been told that it's quite difficult doing them together (gulp!)

It would be great to have a study buddy, good luck to you & keep in touch

mrsb :o

I am just finishing E123 and E124, I found it confusing studying for both at the same time, however it has been worth it, as I will gain a level 4 qualification with only 9 months study. I am due to start E115 in October!

• 2 months later...
I am just finishing E123 and E124, I found it confusing studying for both at the same time, however it has been worth it, as I will gain a level 4 qualification with only 9 months study. I am due to start E115 in October!

Hi I am starting E123 and E124 in february just got my stuff, excited though scared,

Hi I am starting E123 and E124 in february just got my stuff, excited though scared,

Hi princess polly.....I'm starting same time and have also received my box of goodies! Not read any of it yet, looks pretty scarey to me too :oxD

Hello and welcome to the forum Princess Polly.

I started E123 in October and just received the box with E124 stuff which I am starting in Feb 08.

You'll find very helpful people on here who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Good luck with your studies.

Mrsb, good luck with yours too. I know several people doing both the E123/124 together. There is an integrated study calendar which you can use to organise your studies and from what my friends say it is all about organising yourself and your time.

I'm sure you'll be fine once you get started. You will probably know a lot of the stuff already and its only a matter of putting it down on paper.

Good luck.

:o

Hi princess polly.....I'm starting same time and have also received my box of goodies! Not read any of it yet, looks pretty scarey to me too :oxD

Hi Mrs b

just opened mine and scimmed it a bit, looks ok still scared! glad someone else is doing it too x :(

Hello and welcome to the forum Princess Polly.

I started E123 in October and just received the box with E124 stuff which I am starting in Feb 08.

You'll find very helpful people on here who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Good luck with your studies.

Mrsb, good luck with yours too. I know several people doing both the E123/124 together. There is an integrated study calendar which you can use to organise your studies and from what my friends say it is all about organising yourself and your time.

I'm sure you'll be fine once you get started. You will probably know a lot of the stuff already and its only a matter of putting it down on paper.

Good luck.

xD

Hi dublinbay, thanks for that its great to know lots of people are willing to share, x :o

:o Just had a closer look at all the bits in the box delivered yesterday and have realised it's only for E124.....looked up on my OU account and see that E123 is being despacted on 4th Dec...OMG !!!!!!Took a big gulp when I saw this lot....HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Oh Mrsb,

Theres so much fun to be found in a box!

It's like opening a present.........2 folders (smell that lovely new smell!!).....all those study topics to open (they smell nice too!).

You can have hours of fun placing them into your folders, looking through the reading book, loading 'first class' onto your computer and ...........watching the dvd!! Get yourself a nice new pencil case with some nice new pens and highlighters and a notebook. There you have it, all ready and waiting for you to start in February.

AND.......................when E123 arrives................you can DO IT ALL AGAIN!!!!! How good is that!!!!

I'm jealous already! I opened my E124 last night......I drew it out for 1 hour and felt a definate sense of loss when I had completed the job.

ME..............a bit of a saddo or what??

:oxD:(

:o Just had a closer look at all the bits in the box delivered yesterday and have realised it's only for E124.....looked up on my OU account and see that E123 is being despacted on 4th Dec...OMG !!!!!!Took a big gulp when I saw this lot....HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Hi Mrs b

I am studying mine in Feb 08 but starting the E123 first then go on to E124. You are scaring me the box for hasn't arrived yet? :( Hope I get it soon? is it a big box? :(

Well hope you can be my study buddy too as it would be good for us I do know someone who's study both together, found it a bit too much on top of life so dropped one to return to other at later date. but it will work out Iam sure. Be organised and it will be ok xD

I have been good as have already been preparing and getting plans ready, for people to help me with chores, look after my kids, reading up online on tips.

but I want to know is anyone do it e TMA by doing their assignment online? if so is it good and does it work out well? I am thining of doing it like this but want to be sure that it efficient

:(

So please talk to me when you need to

I've started to unpack the box.....taken dublinbay's advice and brought myself a new pencil case and filled it with stationary. Been on the websites searching for the list of curriculum & policy documents they list. Can't seem to be able to get hold of:

The National literacy strategy framework for teaching or the National numeracy strategy framework for teaching mathematics. Can anyone point me in the right direction??????please

E123 arrived today!!!!! So took the bull by the horns and opened it straight away went upstairs and put both lots into the folders.....

I'm going to have an early night and start reading through it.

I've started to unpack the box.....taken dublinbay's advice and brought myself a new pencil case and filled it with stationary. Been on the websites searching for the list of curriculum & policy documents they list. Can't seem to be able to get hold of:

The National literacy strategy framework for teaching or the National numeracy strategy framework for teaching mathematics. Can anyone point me in the right direction??????please

Mrsb, To find these policy documents just google 'teachernet publications'. Enter the name of the publication in the 'search' and up it will come. These can be sent to you for free - sorry I forgot to see whether they could be downloaded.

Having said that, you may not need to refer to them at all.

Maybe someone who has done these courses can enlighten us on that?

Happy studying!!!!

:oxD

Mrsb, To find these policy documents just google 'teachernet publications'. Enter the name of the publication in the 'search' and up it will come. These can be sent to you for free - sorry I forgot to see whether they could be downloaded.

Having said that, you may not need to refer to them at all.

Maybe someone who has done these courses can enlighten us on that?

Happy studying!!!!

:(:(

I went on 'teachernet publications' but it wouldn't let me order them. I will check if they can be downloaded. I am getting excited for this new challenge but I really need to get my NVQ level 2 candidate finished by the end of the month.....perhaps I should concentrate on that first!!!!!! Tomorrow we have parents coming in to listen to the children singing some of our favourite christmas songs....next is the christmas party for the children.....oh and of course staff party, a retirement party I have been invited to and then another christmas party with my old work colleagues from the leisure centre creche (which I am still bank staff and do some Saturday mornings so I suppose they are not old work colleagues!)

I'm sure I will have time to prepare myself for the start of E123 & E124 :o won't I xD

Hey there well have been making enquiries as I am due to start mine in FEb 2008 too but had no goodies! but they have been despatch on friday and so I should receive them sometime this week. After reading your messages I can't wait as I like organising stuff getting excited too but apprehensive as well.

so keep in touch may need to have study buddies too!

I went on 'teachernet publications' but it wouldn't let me order them. I will check if they can be downloaded. I am getting excited for this new challenge but I really need to get my NVQ level 2 candidate finished by the end of the month.....perhaps I should concentrate on that first!!!!!! Tomorrow we have parents coming in to listen to the children singing some of our favourite christmas songs....next is the christmas party for the children.....oh and of course staff party, a retirement party I have been invited to and then another christmas party with my old work colleagues from the leisure centre creche (which I am still bank staff and do some Saturday mornings so I suppose they are not old work colleagues!)

I'm sure I will have time to prepare myself for the start of E123 & E124 :o won't I xD

Ah!! I investigated this and found..............both out of print!!!

It looks like you will have your hands full on the run up to Christmas so enjoy! Plenty of time in the new year to start studying.

:(

How exciting!!!

Happy studying to you too Princess Polly.

I just got my first TMA back in the E123 -- I passed!!!

:oxD

Well done, was it ok?

TMA01 was easy in one way as it is personal to you and your setting. You are effectively drawing a picture of yourself for your tutor and the information in itself cannot be wrong.

However, relating all this information to the study topics, the reader, dvd and cd proved to be a nightmare for me.

Only being allowed 1000 words and any quotes and references in the text were counted was hard.

So no waffling, be brief and to the point making sure you answer the actual question.

I thought the questions were clear and they elaborate and explain exactly what it is they want to know.

The feedback from the tutor was clear and I agreed with all of it save one thing - she thought I should have related a comment I made to something in the reader - as I was up to 997 words already I wondered just where she expected me to put them!!!

All in all an enjoyable experience and can't wait for the next part - observing children - due in Feb.

Hey there well have been making enquiries as I am due to start mine in FEb 2008 too but had no goodies! but they have been despatch on friday and so I should receive them sometime this week. After reading your messages I can't wait as I like organising stuff getting excited too but apprehensive as well.

so keep in touch may need to have study buddies too!

Have they arrived yet hairymaclary???? Will be your study buddy! Started looking through the folders and am going to bed now to read 'getting started' hoping things will soon become clear on what is expected....mrsb

Well done Dublinbay , I passed E123 tma1 too , waiting for e124 results next week, E124 seems a bit harder than E123 so far anyway. It is important to reference EXACTLY as shown in assessment guide, my advice before you start is to read & re read ALL OU info, Everything is there that they want you to do. Good luck every1 xxx

Have they arrived yet hairymaclary???? Will be your study buddy! Started looking through the folders and am going to bed now to read 'getting started' hoping things will soon become clear on what is expected....mrsb

Hi Mrsb no not yet!!! Em but good news is I have checked via my student home open uni that it has actualy been despatch so maybe on monday Iwill have it!! would be good asbeing off work over christmas time I should have time to read and get ready!

Are you ready to start off now?

look forward to be your study buddy..... think I'll add you to my friend list so that I can just contact you....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)