Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Resources

Does anyone have any tried and tested Maths resouces for the Foundation Stage?

We have been given some money to update and replace our Maths resources, and was wondering if

anyone would like to marvel at something they have used and recommend?

Thanks

I was going to suggest Beam - they do a series of Books - Mini Maths 1 and Mini Maths 3 which are practical mathematics under topics such as hands, teddies, dough etc. I have found these particularly good and only about 20 pound each. If you are looking for a practical bases scheme of work - platform maths is also good.

If you've got an IKEA near you, there are some lovely cheap resources in there that can be used for maths - things like a really colourful set of stacking boxes and some solid wooden shapes.

Thankyou for your suggestions ... it really has helped.

Does anyone know if there is a website for these Beam resources? Platform Maths? Numicon?

How do I go about obtaining these?

sweetcounter have some great resources for Reception and KS1

http://www.sweetcounter.co.uk/

must admit that tend to look at their stuff and then make my own xD bit cheeky but when you are on a tight budget it makes a difference. owever, if you have money to spend then go for it. Also TTS early steps have some lovely things like the glitter numbers and shapes. I also love the glove number rhyme puppets that puppets by post do. 5 little ducks/monkeys/men in flying saucer/ 10 in the bed/ 10 green bottles and my favourite is the 5 current buns one. h :o ave fun spending

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)