Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Turban

belle06

Hiya

You cant buy turbans as such becuse they are not like hats, they are just lengths of fabic that are wrapped around the head, and tucked in special way so they dont come undone. If you wanted to make one you could use a childs head, wrap fabric around the base a few times to make a ring. Then sew fabric on the underneath to cover the top of the head.

Thats the best I can come up with. I like the idea though, as long as its done in a sensitive way.

Hi

thanks for the reply but i bought a made up turban about 18 months ago off e-bay for our cultural area at my previous setting (which proved very popular with Ofsted early years and parents) but unfortunately can not find the supplier so I know you can buy them made up just not sure where to find one.

Some religious artifacts cannot be bought as it is offensive to 'sell' them for non religious reasons..Many suppliers of these items sell copies or imiations of real items.I was going to buy locally items for our muslim display until advised not to by our muslim TA.She was happy to 'loan' her personal items and we made sure the signs read that she had brought them to share and educate.There have been a few other issues that we have had to address which we would not have know about so its great having her knowledge to draw on.

Excellent point, there biccy!

I would be very upset if some of the things representing my faith could be 'bought and sold' - and I'm a Christian!!

If someone were to go out and buy - say a Palm Cross for Easter, I would be upset, because they are an expression of faith, also one I would bring in anyway, as part of our communal sharing..... or have I misunderstood?

Sue

No spot on Sue-the issue arose over a prayer mat.

We also had an issue with bacterial handwash being alcohol based.She was concerned about spraying muslim children with alcohol.We checked into it with an iman who said it was ok on medical grounds.