Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Displays

Hello, has anyone got any other ideas for displaying the children's birthdays?

I have previously done a train and trying to think of something different.....

Also I am sure I have seen a picture of a display around the book Pants by Nick Sharratt, or am I dreaming it? Most of my last thought before sleep seem to be around ideas to fill up all my blank boards! I have search the all knowing google but found nothing any ideas?

Thanks Sharon.

Over the years I've done different things...........balloons, train, etc I saw a birthday cake somewhere (!) and will try to find it for you. At the moment we have birthday board...I brought badges and decorated it to look nice. The childrens photo and the date of their birthday goes on there. Lack of space has also determined what i do!!!

Probably not much help :o sorry..

mrsb

Years ago I made a display of 'plant pots' which the children decorated, one for each month. The children then made a flower on a rigid stem on which we stuck their photo and wrote their date of birth. These were then displayed in the appropriate pot. On their birthday (or the nearest day they were in) their flower was brought out and placed in a bud vase for the day in a prominent place.

Sue

Sue R

i too have been looking for 'different' ways to show birthdays. i LOVE the plant pot idea as it is interactive rather than just a visual 'display'.

Thanks Sue, hope you don't mind if I pinch your idea :o

Sam

Sue R

i too have been looking for 'different' ways to show birthdays. i LOVE the plant pot idea as it is interactive rather than just a visual 'display'.

Thanks Sue, hope you don't mind if I pinch your idea :o

Sam

You're very welcome!!

If I remember rightly, the children enjoyed making it so it lasted a goodly while!

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)