Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health And Hygiene Plans

Ive always tackled this later in the year, when they are older and perhaps alittle more able to take the issues on board.

We talk about warming up and cooling down within PE lessons and feel our hearts beating fast and more slowly after exercise.

Later I talk about healthy eating and we look at what we've got in our lunch boxes, who has fruit, vegetables? etc.

No real plans except that its written into continuous provision.

I agree with Susan - it's the sort of topic that I would cover on a daily "incidental" basis as things crop up - that way the children would find it easier to understand the issues and ideas involved. I think I would find it hard to cover as a planned topic over a number of days/weeks.

Hi - sorry but I don`t have any choice it`s a whole school thing and have to do just a couple of afternoons on it. All I am going to do is discuss hand washing, keeping clean, flushing toilet etc and bit about headlice cos thats always a major issue in our school. Just thought someone might have typed up some simple plans and a book list or stories. Thanks will go and put my brain into gear later

Ah, I thought it might have been something that you'd been asked to do by someone else. You could cover it in those two afternoons by using all you daily routines effectively couldn't you? Toileting, snack time, blowing noses, physical play, etc. etc. Or how about doing some kind of food/cooking activity so that you can cover washing hands beforehand, healthy eating, fruit and veg and so on?

And maybe you could make (or get hold of) some posters or visual aids with reminders on them, e.g. washing hands to use and then display with the children? Maybe Sparkelbox could help there or I've seen some recently on the Pedagogs website that looked appealing. You could also use the topic as a good opportunity to show partnership with parents if you can get hold of any relevant leaflets or send a letter home to explain what you've been covering? Things like the headlice issue, as you mentioned and also brushing teeth, regular outdoor play and exercise, etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)