Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

HI

we currently have a planning system wherby daily staff plan a focused area from observations made on the children. so the focus for the day may only actually target one or two children at a time (not the whole group, although this depends on what the focused area is). we then have a space for staff choice of toys/activities and a space for children's choice of toys/activities. this plan is evaluated daily and next steps planned in to future plans.

what i am worried about is that the pre-school room planning does not show the areas of the foundation stage that we are covering, likewise the BT3 matters planning doesn't.

so although the planning shows next steps and children's choice. how can i manage to show the aspects of FS and BT covered without making it all long winded and time consuming.... is this at all possible?

attatched is a plan i had been using in addition to the one described above. I would fill this in weekly for the staff in pre-school with the areas of FS covered, as you can imagine it was very detailed but very time consuming.

anyone in a private day nursery willing to share there methods of planning, am particularily interested in child led planning.

Dawn

Pre_school_weekly_plan.doc

RE: ATTACHMENT : ARE YOU WRITING IN AN ACTIVITY FOR EACH OF THE 6 AREAS OF LEARNING THAT ARE LISTED PLUS AN ACTIVITY FOR EACH DIFFERENTIATTED LEVEL? (OOPS SORRY CAPITALS)

I plan to Aspects rather than areas. These are more specific.

As to you question 'Child led planning' , this cannot be planned by an adult, so it is written retrospectively. Then you can plan for other activities to for example introduce new skills / knowledge keeping in mind the activities the children have 'chosen' to do, or you can plan to repeat skills children are interested in trying but need more practice, or you can plan to introduce some knowledge / skill that you have noticed a child needs support with or you can plan to extend an activity, or to enable children to use a skill that they have achieved but in a different context.

Does that make sense?

Peggy

RE: ATTACHMENT : ARE YOU WRITING IN AN ACTIVITY FOR EACH OF THE 6 AREAS OF LEARNING THAT ARE LISTED PLUS AN ACTIVITY FOR EACH DIFFERENTIATTED LEVEL? (OOPS SORRY CAPITALS)

Peggy

Hi peggy

We have one activity i.e sorting compare bears, we would then fill out each area of FS covered. I.s sorts objects in size order, takes turns, understands rules etc... so basically every thing we believe the children would get out of it.

p.s, the rest of your post did make sense, thanks for your help

Dawn

Hi peggy

We have one activity i.e sorting compare bears, we would then fill out each area of FS covered. I.s sorts objects in size order, takes turns, understands rules etc... so basically every thing we believe the children would get out of it.

p.s, the rest of your post did make sense, thanks for your help

Dawn

tO SAVE RE-WRITING THESE PLANS WHY NOT CREATE ( OR GET YOUR STAFF TO) (oops capitals)

make activity cards, detailing leaning for activities you use a lot. ie: compare bears, playdough, etc. A bit like the continuous provision sheets but for specific resources / activities.

example layout attached.

Peggy

POSSIBLE_LEARNING_THROUGH_PLAYING__COMPARE_BEAR_ACTIVITIES.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)