Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Some Advice

Hi everyone,

I have now been in my new role as pre school leader for nearly a year. It has been such a challenge and really hard work, at times I have felt overwhelmed, but staff and parents have been brilliant and the feedback really positive.

The pre school returns on Wednesday and i would like some advice about admin records (med permission forms/registration forms) for the children who have now left. Do we need to keep these records, as that is what the previous leader did or is it ok to shred them. We retain medical book, significant incident etc.

Thanks in advance

Hi Cupcake, this has been asked before, if you click Here you should find some answers. :o

Theres also a link on about the 6th post down that gives more info. xD

Many thanks, that was a great help

In our area funding paperwork (parental statements of undertaking), invoices etc all need to be kept for 6 years.

As far as I know all childrens records should be kept for 7 years. Why I don't know. Like all of you we don't have the space for all this unnecessary paperwork.

I believe you need to keep much of the paperwork in case of the group being sued over past incidents/injuries etc.In fact, i think some paperwork is supposed to be kept for as much as 21 years (this would allow the child to become an adult and decide to sue for themselves.................3 years from their 18th birthday!! In practice, i don't know of any group which actually keeps things for this long.Incidentally, should a group close, all their paperwork is supposed then to go to the early years team for safe-keeping!