Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Songs And Dance

Hi everyone,

I think I've just about got my head around planning for a reception class after planning for Yr 6 for last 3 years. However, I've got a bit of a mental block with songs to sing at carpet time and dance lessons.

Our head is very keen for a creative development of our curriculum across the board but I just can't think how to begin.

Do you have any good resources that you would suggest with songs and also something for dance and movement type activities.?

I would be very grateful for help here.

Thanks in advance

Moisy

"Bobby Shaftoe, clap your hands" by Sue Nicholls is a really good resource for songs with nursery and reception - lots of new words to old tunes that you can tie in with your daily routines and use for circle times too- I woudl thoroughly recommend it!

there are lots of resources on the web. I have just found a canadian one (recommended by my cousin who teaches pre-K) look for Dr. Jean. She has some fantastic ideas. Might be a good idea to go on google canada.

Music express is great - we were bought this in school last year and have used it a lot.

I love Preschool Education for finding songs - all listed in themes and most are to familiar tunes

There is a book in the 'little books' series which is for dance which is also good - comes with a CD of suggested music to accompany each dance.

Thanks for the link Susan. Got to laugh though........... live in the same village as Shropshire Music Service, they use our premises, know the staff, they've been in to do work with us but............ never heard of the site before :o

I like Kaye Umansky Three books

Three singing pigs-traditional stories LOVE baby bear rap

Three tapping teddies

Three rapping rats

Three rocking crocs

I have another in the same style but its at work I use it so often :o which is number based songs and old favourite This Little Puffin xD

I've used Music express F1 last year for PPA coverage and its great

We too use music express for music but my dance is all taken from 'Let's go Zudie O' AC Black again I think - I was recommended it by an advisor and it is brill, has cd and music and dvd clips to share too - we all love it, suitable for nursery too.

Thanks for the link Susan. Got to laugh though........... live in the same village as Shropshire Music Service, they use our premises, know the staff, they've been in to do work with us but............ never heard of the site before :(

:oxD:(

well you learn something new every day!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)