Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mixing 2-3 Plus Agegroup

It has been suggested that we put our 2 year olds anf 3-4 year olds in the same room . I ffeel that this could possibly work in a large area but as we only have a small room them how are we going to get alll areas of the curriculum working alongside the requirements for the ubder threes? I would really appreciate some advise as this is my first post and I am not very experienced. Could it work and has anyone any practical suggestions.

Planning ideas would also be appreciated.

thanks

What kind of setting are you? What staffing levels have you got and what's their experience? How do you structure your sessions and how long are they? What size is your room and are your resources age-appropriate?

Lots of questions to which I can relate as we had to combine our setting and have 2-5 year olds now. It is very hard work, you have to have eyes in the back of your head, need to be flexible and adapt we adapted our sessions and now have lots of child-initiated play and less 'planning'. It takes time and patience but it can work if you have space and high staffing ratios. We found we needed to have a trial period and have adapted as we have learnt. You definitely need to have the whole team on board and let all your parents/carers be involved and informed about the process. Good luck!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)