Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pay And Conditions For Teachers In Children's Centres

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

I'm a teacher in a Children's Centre, employed on teachers' pay and conditions - I'm just wondering whether that is the norm for this post or whether others out there are employed on Soulbury instead? Although I have thoroughly enjoyed having the six week summer break, it has left me feeling slightly "out of things" at the Centre and it has meant that projects I was working on at the end of the summer term have all had to be put on hold, which in turn means we've lost momentum with them somewhat.

What do others do and think and what do you think are the advantages/disadvantages of the way in which you are employed?

As a CCM I would love to know the sort of projects you are doing? Please tell me more? As my centre is just starting up and I am implementing a number of different sessions with support from the EY adviser, HV's, family support, oral health etc. However, my centre is for the Under 3's with the nursery bit actually in the school.

Nikki

I would think it could be tricky for staff to see you working on such different conditions. I am at a loss to understand why childrens centre teachers are employed on a 39 week year when children attend for 52. The child care centre is different and requires different working conditions. Sorry but I do feel strongly about teachers moving to childcare but retaining 'perks'.

Guest Wolfie

I understand your point of view completely - I moved back into a "teaching" job after having run my own nursery all year round for five years and would gladly still work all year round..... but these were the terms and conditions offered with the job. I'm considering asking whether they could move me over to Soulbury but, as far as I can work out, that is going to have financial implications and I know that the budget is already very tight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)