Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Heart Warming Story!

I am studying minibeasts with my reception class at the moment. We went on a minibeast hunt and returned with a collection from the garden ready for our observational drawings. We discussed the similarities and differences and when looking at the snail I asked if it had legs. One bright little spark said 'no, it's got a foot'. I explained to the other children that snails have one long foot that they use to move along the ground but that we couldn't see it at the moment as it was sleeping! I then let them get on with their drawings. One little treasure decided to draw the snail and when I went over to look at his picture, he had done a lovely drawing of the shell with a leg coming straight down from the middle of the bottom of the shell. When I asked him to explain, he said 'it's the snail's foot'. :o

I love my job! :D

I do like that.

It also reminds me of my middle daughter. She was always keen on snails (we have always had a lot in our garden). At about 18 months, she came to the back door into the kitchen and said quite loudly "Mummy - Snails - yuck". Yes, she was eating them!

Even worse was when I thought she had been eating the blackcurrants (the rule was that they could only eat things from the garden if I had given them). I took the "blackcurrants" from her mouth (it was against my rules), and discovered that they were two little curled up woodlice ("yuck" said I, lol).

Diane.

:D

There must be lots of weird and wonderful things that little treasures have eaten (or tried to)

Years ago (too many to remember) I had my 11month old son in the garden whilst I was hanging washing on the line. I was 6 weeks away from giving birth to his brother so was in "waddling mode" I turned to seem him looking very pleased with himself and realised he looked like a hamster, he was happily chomping away with his cheeks bulging!

Closer investigation revealed a mouthfull of rabbit droppings! (Yuck!)

Urghh!!

What little charmers!

Worst mine managed was several sachets of gelatine. Have you ever tasted that? Like the worst envelope glue ever, but still cordon bleu compared !! :o

Sue :D

Thankfully for me (as I'm really squeamish!!) my children have never eaten anything worse than soil, stones and sand. My son did once swallow 7p (2 pennnies and a 5p piece) by accident. He had them in a toy cup and suddenly pretended to drink from the cup and down they went. The number of bright sparks who enquired over the following week - "Any change yet?" xD:( Not funny after the 20th time. :o

Oh Geraldine - I nearly choked on my coffee from laughing out aloud (something I don't do very often).

The only thing my eldest son did when he was two was pick up someone else left over chewing gum and popped it in his mouth - not really related to minibeast mishap, but we were at a wildlife park!

mousebat

True confessions, lol,

When I was about 5 years old, playing with my mum's button box .....

Lovely multi-faceted, sparkly, green bead. Oh, no. I swallowed it. Didn't dare tell mum.

No, guilt got the better of me, and I did tell. About 3 years ago. About 40 years too late. But at least I owned up.

Diane.