Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Poor Family

beth1

We went to Chester today and we were having a nice time up until we started to cross the road in the main street.

There was a family who had a dog in the dads arms and a man riding his bike with a dangous dog. Suddenly we heard the man with the dog scream and fall down, as the other dog which turned out to be a pitbull type dog bit straight into the man's elbow and the dog. Meanwhile mum hid around the post not to let the very young child see what was happening. Well a big croud appered who tried to help the man get the dangous dog off him, the man who dog bit him did seem to care what was going on. Luckly the dog let go. Well then someone said get the police he needs to be arrested, next thing they turned up. At this point we moved off.

A few minutes later we came back and found that the mum and children we taken inside the shop with one police. The injured man sat on a chair in shock, not suprise when his elbow was bleeding, the man with the dangous dog at one side and to top it all off around 5 police stood around them. 5 mins later we heard the ambluance turned up but were unable to see what was happening.

I hope they are ok including the dog, I also hope that the dog gets put down and he recieves a big fine or a prison sentance.

Beth

A dog attacked my little dog the other week - it was awful and my dog need over £200 of treatment - as for the other dog the owner (a lady) just hid while it happened... we were to worried about our own dog at the time to bother about her and her 'out of control' animal, but it worries me now that it could have been a child it attacked.

Sorry.. went of the thread really, it's just reading it brought it all back.... it must have been truly terrible for the family to witness.

Why is it that some people are so irresponsible and really have no idea how to look after and train dogs. I get very upset about - dogs are such a tie, some can be unreliable and they pooh and crap in parks where children play and their owners seem to think its ok to leave it. I still find it amazing that here in parks people walks their dogs and a small section is sectioned off the our children while the dogs wee and pooh making the parks large toilets - lovely! You can bet that the dog owner never cleared up after his dog if he allowed it to behave like that. Unfortunatley its not very often the dogs fault but the owners = I think people ought to go through some tests before they get dogs.

My dog was savaged by another dog in our garden it had jumped the six foot high fence to get at him and resulted in him having to be put to sleep. The owner still walks his other dogs without leads.

Nicola I adopted my present dog from the Dog's Trust and had to have home visits and go to classes before being allowed to have him why don't responsible breeders introduce a similar scheme?