Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Getting Ready To Go Back................

:o Yep, about 2 weeks left of the summer hols & I can honestly say I'm ready to return to work. Had a good rest over the last 4 weeks and now I'm getting restless......been into nursery over the last couple of days cleaning & sorting and my brain is now buzzing with ideas and things to do.

xD Am I 'normal' is anyone else ready to go back yet???? I can even say I'm looking forward to it!!!!

I've not got a 'topic' or 'theme' actually planned but over the weeks have been collecting a lot of Elmer items so am thinking of starting something on the lines of that....any ideas? :(

noooooooooo im not ready having too much fun........ :(:(:(

once i go back i have to face Uni doing my EYPs plus top up to BA, the EEL project and overdue visit from the big 'O'!!!!!! :oxD :rolleyes:

and the worst....... my mum and dad moving out to Cyprus xD

Going to hibernate on the 1st of September i think :wacko:

Edited by hali

I could do with at least another week - let all the kids go back to school, so I can get my house and brain into order before Pre School kicks in - no such luck though! Usually really looking forward to starting back, and should be even more knowing that the big O is out of the way - but most of our brilliant committee are leaving in Sept (AGM) with no offers of replacements, plus just heard we are to lose a member of our staff too at the beginning of the new term - hubby being seconded abroad, so, with no prospects of a new committee, advertising for another staff member is going to be fun?!?!

Back in a week on Monday for preparations and Pre School starts on Tuesday. Where o where did this summer go!? Looking forward to half term already :o

NO, NO NO ...NOPE!!!

After being bored/unable to wind down at the beginning I now don't want to go back!!

gardening-sewing-afternoon soaps-keeping up with washing/ironning-remembering to defrost things so no mad panic at tea-time-radio 2 in the mornings

could do with at least a week without the children at home before I go back.

I do miss.....er....struggling here......

Guest MaryEMac

I am now bored at home. This week has been quite difficult, I can't settle to anything so I have achieved nothing. Most days I see no-one from 8a.m. to 5p.m and have taken to going to the local shop just to buy a paper and hope that I see someone to talk to. I haven't been able to go to playgroup because the decorators have been in . At least next week my husband is at home, my friend is taking me out to lunch, we are taking the grandchildren out for the day and everyone is getting together to put all the p g furniture and equipment back in the right place. This probably means that the next week I won't want to go back to work and when I do go back, I will be counting down to half term. :oxD

Mary

I am ready to go back to work now, only one more week of boredum to go. Yipppeeeee athough I have really enjoyed my time off, I think I needed it before I commence hopefully a new job and back to year 2 of FDey course next month.

Beth

Oh! feeling very guilty after five weeks off .... where has it gone :o but I could do with a bit longer. Been into school 3 days this week, (and still not really sorted). Spent lots of time looking at Letter and Sounds and an unbelievable amount of time downloading/photocopying and laminating. Done some clearing out - old planning, articles from Child Ed, and a bit of decorating. Love the children/parents/colleagues but get bogged down with paper work.

Think I'll get a lottery ticket on Saturday.

Harricroft.

Enjoy the rest of the hols xD

crikey...you lucky lot!! We are having next week off, having been open all summer....and we are totally worn out!! so, we have prepared by making sure the children helped us to clean all the equipment before we closed today..lots of tubs of warm water and bubbles, lots of little cloths and lots of furiously scrubbing by lots of little hands.....so everything is sparkly.I even cleaned the windows for goodness sake!! Now, a week to get my own home tidy, sort out all my paperwork, ensure policies/procedures are updated, all folders up to date, all correspondance dealt with........phew.....I'll be glad to go back for a rest :)......oh yes, and there's a little matter of the foundation degree............... xD:o

Although I really enjoy my holidays and can easily spend all day on the sofa with a good book or doing the 101 other things I don't have time to do during term time, I do find myself longing to get back to it during the last few days. I miss the children and the poeple I work with. We're all good friends and I miss talking to them through the day-not the same texting!

That said we do have the first social event of the school year planned for Wednesday (or could be the last of last school year :oxD )

Enjoy the last few days :(

Guest Wolfie

Yep, I too am ready to go back - my current job means that I get school holidays, but before that I worked all year round and have found the switch back a bit strange!!! I know you probably all think I'm made to moan about the holidays but I had projects on the go at the end of July that I've had to put on hold when I would really rather just carry on working on them! :o

Ooh I'm starting to feel scared now. Moving to recpetion after 7 years in year 2 & though it is exciting I could probably do with another 6 weeks off to get myself sorted!!!

I keep thinking 1 week until we're back and thewn this is an 8 week half term in Jersey...killer!!!

xx

I am so jealous ! About 5 years ago I changed jobs from Managing a Pre-School and having the whole Summer off to Managing a Day Nursery. As I recently changed jobs to another day Nursery I have only been entitled to one week off this Summer and it went so quickly, my children are 19 and 16 and Im a single Mum so we don't have much time together, the week was so precious to me.

Make the most of your time off - one day things may change!!

Teri

Oh! feeling very guilty after five weeks off .... where has it gone :o but I could do with a bit longer. Been into school 3 days this week, (and still not really sorted). Spent lots of time looking at Letter and Sounds and an unbelievable amount of time downloading/photocopying and laminating. Done some clearing out - old planning, articles from Child Ed, and a bit of decorating. Love the children/parents/colleagues but get bogged down with paper work.

Think I'll get a lottery ticket on Saturday.

Harricroft.

Enjoy the rest of the hols xD