Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree Or Sector Endorsed

I hope someone is able to answer a little question as I am feeling a bit lost!

I manage a Pre-school and currently hold an ADCE. However like many of us now feel the need to explore the pathway to EYPS.

Having spoken to my local college for over an hour I now feel even more confused than ever! She explained that I may be able to go straight into yr 2 for the Early Years degree but that because it is part of the "OLD SYSTEM?" I may still need to complete a BA honours in order to achieve the EYPS, which is another year ( to my mind that means 2 years!?). Please help! I was under the impression that it had to be a sector endorsed degree (2years) in order to be considered for the EYPS.

I feel my wires may be a bit :o crossed somewhere.......

Goose

To be awarded EYPS, all candidates will need to hold a. full degree or recognised equivalent at the end of their training. Candidates with relevant degrees, such as a degree in Early Childhood Studies, will be able to access shorter pathways.

Those holding an Early Years Foundation Degree or a non-relevant degree will be able to join longer pathways.

Applicants with a foundation degree will need to supplement this qualification with at least 60 points at Level 6 by the end of their training. All candidates must have at least 120 credit. http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/projects/earlyyears.htm

To be awarded EYPS, all candidates will need to hold a. full degree or recognised equivalent at the end of their training. Candidates with relevant degrees, such as a degree in Early Childhood Studies, will be able to access shorter pathways.

Those holding an Early Years Foundation Degree or a non-relevant degree will be able to join longer pathways.

Applicants with a foundation degree will need to supplement this qualification with at least 60 points at Level 6 by the end of their training. All candidates must have at least 120 credit. http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/projects/earlyyears.htm

I think depending on your previous qualification (because some are recognised as equivalent it's hard to say) you can take 18 months as long as you have the relevant qualification by the end of that time. I think :oxD

Sorry to be thick Marion - Would that be 18months on an OU course then?

My information was from my local university so I'm not sure how it applies to the OU. I think it really depends on how they recognise your previous qualifications/experience. Sorry I can't give a better answer.

Thank you. You have explained it much clearer than the course administrator at my local college.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)