Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Storage Jars

narnia

ok, todays challenge for you!! I'm trying to find plastic (cookie) storage jars.the sort that sit on their side (if you know what I mean!!) sort of five-sided things, and with a screw top, or pull off lid,which points forwards, rather than upwards.I need them for my small sorting/counting items, so the children can access them by themselves and i don't need to worry about them getting broken! I've tried everywhere i can think of........ebay/educational suppliers, etc, but no luck.I bet one of you can find them??

Edited by narnia

Wilkinson's and Woolworth's,

check charity shops too, its one of those items you might just find on the bric-a-brac shelf along with a pile of odd saucers, jigsaws, Barbie dolls and baby activity toys (normally a sesame street baby gym!) OK i digress but these items seem to be in every charity shop up and down the country

the local sweet shop is a good place as they often just throw out a variety of different shaped/size jars that they would happily save for a worthy cause, our local sweet shop regularly saves us jars when we ask they are ideal for fund-raising activities for school fêtes "guest how many cookies in the jar" that kind of thing

Our local "proper" sweet shop sells the sweet jars off for 30p when they are empty. They collect money for a local charity. You have to get in quick as all the local playgroups and nurseries use them!

Julian Graves shop (health food shop, currants, dates, seeds ect)has them, if you have one in your area. They are plastic and are as you want

I bought something similar to what you want from Ikea a couple of years ago. They have loads of containers, jars and boxes, so it might be worth a look. Good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)