Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Personal Development Plan

need to do personal development plan for nvq 4 have never done one of these before also need to link to theory have never done this before please help thank you

need to personal development plan and link to theory for nvq 4 have never done one of these before and not sure about where to start and how to set it out is there a special form for this please help thank you

Hi carolbo

you're obviously feeling quite stressed about this and I can not help you particularly!

However, this is the right place for your request, although the forums are quiet at the moment as it is holiday time but Beau is usually around and may be able to help. Sue R is away at the moment or I would suggest you contact her by PM. There may be some others to help but the more specific you can make your request the more able people are to help generally.

God luck.

Hi Carol

I had to do a PDP for my foundation degree. I had to link mine to a personal diary so i think it may be along the same idea.

What I had to do is look through the information gathered and recorded during the module and looked at areas I felt needed improvement. They were then included in the PDP. Then I had to show how I was aiming to achieve them and by when.

For example if during your studying you find you need help with using the computer you could indicate on your PDP you will access a basic computer course.

The form I had to use is a university form and i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it (copyright.) On the PDP form it has a short, medium and long term objectives. date to start and expected date of completion and then a box for comments.

It's like an action plan you have to complete for ofsted but just about you personally.

I hope it helps a little. Someone who has had experience with the NVQ4 maybe able to help further.

Good luck

Hi Carolbo,

I have just completed my PDP for a working related module report for my foundation degree course. Basically you are writing about what you wanted to achieve from doing the NVQ 4, how has it changed your outlook both personally and professionally, career prospects, future plans, that you can reflect and analyse your practice and how, what you have learnt so far - how has it changed your practice etc etc etc.

I hope this has been of some assistance to you

Net x

Another idea is that you might want to x reference/link your PDP to the Key Elements of Effectice Practice (I am sure this is still current - anyone??) too to see where you have gaps in your knowledge, what you would like to improve and learn about more and why - the why being linked to the theory and why it is important.

Just an idea - think about where you are now and where you would like to be and how you could get there. What will you need to do and why?

I think once you think about it from a personal perspective then it will become clearer, maybe working from the negative bits or increasing the positive bits of your interest at work. Good luck

Nikki

need to personal development plan and link to theory for nvq 4 have never done one of these before and not sure about where to start and how to set it out is there a special form for this please help thank you

Hi carol im doing my NVQ4 and im due to do one of them plans to very shortly ours also have to be linked with theory. im due to see my assessor early next week and i may need a little guidance on that also, when i speak to her il find out she has been brilliant if i am stuck i just dont like going to her all the time.

If u need it sooner il try and see if i can get sum info for you sorry i cant help at the minute though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)