Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good Book Ideas

Hi everyone,

I am off on hols on Monday and am looking for a good summer read to take with me, sit by the pool and just relax!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Moisy xx

Guest Wolfie

That's funny, I was just thinking to put exactly the same post myself and you've beaten me to it! I've just finished "Girl with a Pearl Earring" this morning - not my sort of book at all usually but I really enjoyed it and shall look for some more by the same author when I get back. That's not what I'd call a holiday read though...I had to concentrate too hard whilst reading it!!

I suppose if you're a Harry Potter fan then the answer is obvious, but what about the rest of us?!? :o

I have read books by:

Chick flicks Jane Green, Sopie Kingsella (sp), Erica James, Marian Keyes

I have also read books by:

Lee Childs, James Patterson, who do very good crime novels and are easy to read.

Beth

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Has anyone read a book called "Souvenir" by Theresa Fowler? Been suggested to me but can't find it in the shops.

Moisy xx

Guest Wolfie

Tracey Chevalier...that's who wrote "Girl with a Pearl Earring"! It was really good - I've also read Falling Angels by her and enjoyed that as well. Something a bit different!

I'm reading 'The Memory Keepers Daughter' at the moment.

Its good, but probably not a recommended read if you are feeling emotional!!

:o

Guest Wolfie

Off to France tomorrow where the weather is also very variable apparently - have just been book shopping and bought "The Island" so am looking forward to a long read........ :o

Guest MaryEMac

I've just been re-reading the fiction books by Alan Titchmarsh. A good read but not too deep. Have just ordered the new one by Gervase Phinn, so will have that to look forward to. Lee Childs and James Patterson are good as Beth said. In the same vein you have Harlen Coburn or Tami Hoag.

Rebecca Shaw has a good series about a village and also she writes about a vet's practice.

Mary

Would thoroughly recommend any Jodi Picoult-I've read them all to date! Also "The Island" is very good.

Have managed to find "Souvenir" on Amazon-will let you know if it is any good. Cecelia Ahern's new book "A Place Called Here" is strange but a good read.

Moisy

Sorry to be obvious, or maybe not, but read the new Harry Potter last weekend - much to my family's annoyance - we were in a rain drenched caravan in Blackpool at the time and I was oblivious!

An excellent read as always, many questions answered and I really really couldn't put it down! Now I am back home again - no it didn't rain all week! - and I am going to re-read it, probably missed bits in my eagerness to finish it and due to the fact I was reading at absurd times at night! :o