Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Year 2 Teachers - Creative Curriculum

Thank you Steve for giving us the opportunity to share thoughts on creative planning and approaches to year 2! If anyone is already teaching year 2 in this way i would be really keen to share practise and planning, if you are like me and going to teach year 2 for the first time in september, perhaps we could get going on swapping of ideas etc.

Kellsa

hey there! am stranded across school from september as i am the third teacher in reception and i dont have a class until the january intake. consequently, i will be teaching ict to year 1, dt to year three and four and music and art to year 5/6 hurrah! lol

good luck with year 2

they are fun - had them last year,.....

• 2 months later...

help! I too have moved out of the Foudation Unit into a mixed year1/2 class. Have 'survived' my first half term but feeling a bit lost! Was full of good ideas about how to push the flexibilty and creativity of the foundation stage curriculum into KS1 but struggling with the reality of it. Any tips , ideas , advice , publications..... etc!!! would be appreciated!

I was discussing this with my Head last week. (I still teach FS) His wife teaches in another school in our LA, they have been persuing creativity for the past 3 years and often have a week where the timetable is suspended and they all do DT or Science etc. His concern was that their KS2 SAT results have declined considerably in this time 96% in 2005, 86% in 2006 and 76% in 2007! I think creativity is great as long as it is well planned and does not lead to the detriment of basic skills.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
help! I too have moved out of the Foudation Unit into a mixed year1/2 class. Have 'survived' my first half term but feeling a bit lost! Was full of good ideas about how to push the flexibilty and creativity of the foundation stage curriculum into KS1 but struggling with the reality of it. Any tips , ideas , advice , publications..... etc!!! would be appreciated!

Hi year 1/2 teacher- do you have and planning on non-fiction dinosaurs- have assessment in it and am stuck xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)