Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Out Of School Club Help!

Hi all, I have just been promoted to out of school club co-ordinator as well as early years. This means doing the paper work for the out school club but not working hands on.

I have no experience of out of school club and need help, what policies do I need and I would be very very grateful if anyone has any examples. :o

Guest Wolfie

Don't panic! Basically you need all the same policies as you would for any setting caring for children, you just need to consider whether some may need adjusting or extending because the AGE of the children is different, e.g. behaviour management policy might be slightly different for older children.

If there are any policies in particular that you are unsure about, give me a shout, I've probably got something to help. You also need to think about setting up foolproof procedures for children moving between school and the club after school and the club and school after breakfast (if that applies). I've also got stuff on those! The main thin to get right is communication between all parties - the club, the school(s) and the parents so that everyone always knows where every child should be on every day of the week! That may sound obvious but believe me it can cause a lot of problems if the different parties don't communicate!

you can feel free to pm me, i am also a out os school club coordinator.

but as wolfie says - same policies as nursery, and the moving between settings is crucial.

let me no if i can help.

lucie x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)