Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job Sharing

Are there any Reception job sharers out there? I am very lucky to be sharing my new class with another teacher from September and would be interested in anyone elses ideas/experience in how they managed the sharing of curriculum activities etc. Thanks :o

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

I will be starting my 3rd year of jobshare in September and we are moving from Year 1 into Reception this year.

I teach Mon Tues Wed and my friend does Thurs Fri.

We have Long Term and Medium term planning already in place. I will then do the Literacy weekly planning and she will do the Numeracy. We will plan the other classroom activities together.

Nice thing about jobsharing is that there is always somebody else to chat about the class to as they know them as well as you do - I think the school gets a really good deal too as you are both putting lots of effort in and I'm sure as a pair you put in more hours overall than 1 teacher could.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you meet up to do the planning? in school or at home? I'm interested in how the job share works for future reference. When there is a parents evening do you do it together or is it the teacher who is working that day?

How do you meet up to do the planning? in school or at home? I'm interested in how the job share works for future reference. When there is a parents evening do you do it together or is it the teacher who is working that day?

We get together to do medium term plans and then one of us plans weekly numeracy and the other weekly numeracy (seperately from home) . We work from medium term plans for everything else.

For parents evenings we are both present (actually much easier with 2 of you) - in our school we have 2 parents evenings so one is planned on my woking day the other on hers so we both do 1 extra work slot out of official hrs if that makes sense?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)