Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage And Ks1

Ok, so after spending 2 years in KS2 (granted in a special school so my kids were working at a 2 years and under level) I'm going back down to my favourite age groups in September, with a mixed R/Y1 class. I'll have 2 YRs and 5 Y1s, all very different with lots of different needs from the most profoundly disabled to one who may end up moving from our school if he continues to develop at the rate he's at now.

So what do I need to gen up on over the holidays with me being out of the FS for 2 years! What's changed?!

You would probably benefit from looking at the new Early Years Foundation stage Guidance Nichola as this will be most useful to you. Letters and sounds also has some excellent Phase 1 activities for aural discrimination which you might be able to use.

Otherwise, its really much the same!

Thanks Susan, I was looking at the EYFS stuff earlier on today. Where do I found the letters and sounds stuff? Is it at a low enough level for my lot? Brightest is at about 18 months level.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)