Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding Approved

Hello everyone, just had the letter this morning to say that my application for funding from my LA to start the FD with the OU has been approved. Feeling quite excited and nervous at the same time. I am now waiting to hear from the OU, course starts this October - so if anyone out there wants to join up to share thoughts, ideas, pelase let me know - it's XXXX amount of years since I did my NNEB - in fact my 2 eldest daughters will be at Uni, at the same time as me studying at home! OOooh :o hope I've done the right thing xD .

I'm sure you have done the right thing, and once you get started there will be no stopping you...... I keep changing my mind about doing the course. Have just finished my A1 assessors award, but still got my candidate to get through her NVQ. At an assessors meeting on Thursday we were told that our local college will be able to do level 4 so I'm now wondering whether to do that first..... :o

That is fantastic news MHR! I can't tell you how much I have learnt this year and fortunately, I am now better placed to deal with a highly tricky situation at work that has been left to me to resolve as a test that I am senior nursery nurse material.

It is hard work though. Simon and I found it really difficult as I was doing my FD and he was doing GCSE's and there were numerous fights over the computer (lovely funding - bought a laptop to solve that one!) but it has been brilliant. I'm bored now to be honest, now I've got no deadlines to meet. I have got my research project to get my teeth into but at the moment, I'm lacking ideas for that. Oh dear.

I have to say that this place has been pretty good for help and advice though so you should use it wherever possible to help you through.

I'm starting my second year in September so it'll be nice to hear from the first years just going in. And don't forget the number of people who have just finished theirs (I know I won't when I've got really difficult work to do!)

Congratulations once again and we'll see you, no doubt, hovering around the training boards come October!

Guest Wolfie

I'm SURE you've done the right thing and that's great news about the funding. Although your stress levels might creep up from time to time whilst on the course, the advantages will more than make up for that! And you've always got us! :o

What wonderful news about your grant and place on the course. Although not the same course I graduated at 40! Thinking back now not sure how I managed to travel 120 miles a day to college,work part -time and complete all the assignments. Probably nothing at all when you have family to look after! I was so excited and proud to have been accepted on the course and although there were times when I wondered if I'd done the right thing these really were very few and far between. That end goal of achieving something important for me kept me going. Hope you will really enjoy the course. Wishing you lots of good luck! luluj

I am sure you have done the right thing if my experience is anything to go by xD

I got my NNEB in 1974 :o and started the FD with the OU in 2003 so it was virtually 30 years since I had so much as written an essay. I was excited and apprehensive at the same time but it all worked out just fine - I waltzed up on stage in my gown to collect my FD last month and it was brilliant!

Lots of hard work ahead but I am sure you will enjoy it - it is without doubt one of the best things I have done - so much so that I am returning to study and continuing to top up my FD to a BA :(

My next course starts in Jan 08 and I am really looking forward to it.

Good luck and there are plenty of people about to give a hand if you get stuck along the way :(

It is a brilliant move, my committments in life as well as preschool are way too many for any normal human but us preschool practitioners we are made of tuff stuff and I am sure you will cope just fine, I have found it enforces everything we know and teaches you loads more that compliments it all - it is so interesting, I can't wait to start the second year, well I could do with a break but like Clare mentioned you feel the need to be reading and keep it all going in your head, it is inspirational. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)