Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Payment For Attending Planning/staffing Meetings

I'm sure this has been discussed before but things do change and I was wondering what you pay staff, if anything, for attending planning/staffing meetings.

We have a weekly staff meeting after the Friday session. We want to become more child centred with our planning, involve all staff. We all need to meet to discuss each child. On a Friday we generally work till 3.30 unpaid (from 12.15) but not everybody is keen to work for nothing - can't think why!!!

We have plans to sharpen up our Friday meeting to make it more focussed and therefore less time consuming - that's the theory! Just interested to know what others do regarding pay.

Hi Deb. I pay my staff for attending meetings, training courses etc out of hours. From a managers point of view it does make you look very carefully at weather the meeting is necessary. I have 13 staff and although I have a budget for meetings it soon gets used up.

Debbs

I pay my staff to attend a weekly two-hour staff meeting. One week we look at observations of the children and complete their records, and the next week we do our fortnightly planning. I do, however, have only five staff, so this is relatively easy for us, particularly as we close at 12.30.

I too pay staff for meetings and in service training. We do only have these twice a half term and we are a small staff, six including me. We have a staff meeting on one Tuesday after the session has finished-from 12.30 until 3.00. Our inservice day is always the last Friday of each half term from 9.00-3.00.

Linda

I'm sure this has been discussed before but things do change and I was wondering what you pay staff, if anything, for attending planning/staffing meetings.

We have a weekly staff meeting after the Friday session. We want to become more child centred with our planning, involve all staff. We all need to meet to discuss each child. On a Friday we generally work till 3.30 unpaid (from 12.15) but not everybody is keen to work for nothing - can't think why!!!

We have plans to sharpen up our Friday meeting to make it more focussed and therefore less time consuming - that's the theory! Just interested to know what others do regarding pay.

We don't pay for staff meetings but we do it very informally round someones house usually with a bottle of wine and some cream cakes. In addition we often take the girls out for lunch / dinner and drinkies in the evening!

DEb