Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Went To Moderation Yesterday

Went to moderation yesterday and it was ok.

One of the teachers on our table had been totally over generous with her assessments and didn't have any evidence to back up her decisions. I felt really sorry for her as she was in FS for the first time and hadn't had any support from her school.

I had one child put up a point in KUW but that was ok as my other decisions were spot on and lots of evidence to back them up. I was more worried about this than ofsted as I'd never been before.

Anyone else been monitored?

Congratulations!!! I know how you must have been feeling!!! I have mine on Monday. It must be a little different though as they come to our school for half a day, spend time looking through the folder and interview children and staff. It definatly seems worse than an OFSTED!!! :o

We had a moderation visit this week. Everything was fine: a totally non-threatening experience and our decisions were validated by the moderator. Had about three quarters of an hour chat with the moderator who then spent time in each Reception class observing target children for the validation. This was then followed up by an informal discussion.

I am sure you'll be fine, Bailey, so don't worry!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)