Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Little Query!

Lucie

hi everyone,

Ive just taken over manager at an after school and holiday club which is still in the process of registering. Anyway currently i am the only qualfied memberof staff. 2 other staff work on a rota with me and are both working towards a qualification. One is the named deputy.

Our holiday club will be opening in summer, and both of these staff have said they do not want regular hours but will do bank staff bc they both have young children, and that is fair enough.

My current deputy will still be the same in the holiday club even though she isnt there, and she will cover me if i happen to be ill.

So i have to advertise for either one or two members of staff to work in the holidays (50hrs a week so would split it) just wondering whether these have to be qualified? We use the full day care standards but every time i read them i come to a different conclusion - i dont think ive got my head screwed on at the mo!!!

:o

can any one help me so that i can get the advert out asap!??

thanks lucie

I would have thought that the standards would apply all year round Lucie, so yes your staff would need to be qualified. I can't see what difference it makes if it is the holiday club or out of school club.

Linda

hi Lucie

the standards still apply but if you are unsure contact ofsted they will answer any questions. A good place to look for qualified staff is in sesional pre-schools , they may wish for some holiday work. We sometimes have bank staff in this way they have crb done and step in from time to time. try ringing your local PSLA office they may have names of people interested.

sue

Hi Lucie

Although staff may have had CRB checks done you will still need to do them for your setting. Each check only applies to the setting that has asked for them-they do not carry over from setting to setting.

Linda

Guest Wolfie

I think it varies between authorities whether or not CRB cecks can be carried from setting to setting - I've had experience of both! :o