Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Very Sensitive Child

Magenta

We did a 'magic carpet' session today, the children decided to go to a funfair. We had lots of fun on the rides then we had some candy floss, as we hadn't got enough money we had a great big one that we passed around the circle, the last but one child said 'I eat it all, its all gone!', the last child in the circle was devastated, his lip began to quiver and his eyes teared up. Its a good job I found some change in my pocket to buy him one!

Truly magical!! And very clever of you to have some cash lurking!!

Reminds me of something that happened today. One of our younger boys had a special day out with his Dad yesterday (live-in dad, just a special treat as he's normally full time in the nursery - daycare) on their travels dad bought him this amazing pteranodon toy that has a trigger to make the wings flap, while it lets out a scary 'eeek'. He was very proud of this and brought it in to show us all today. He got very carried away with his demonstration, saying that it 'flewed on its own, too!' When invited to give a demonstration he tossed it into the air, it then (of course) proceeded to do a nose dive. One of the little girls was so amused she was completely taken with a giggling fit which was so infectious we were all soon joining her. Poor boy burst into tears as he thought we were laughing at his dinosaur that daddy bought him xD

He took some consoling at first, but soon cheered up when he realised everyone liked him and wanted to play with his dinosaur. :o

Sue