Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feeling A Little More Positive

beth1

I went to visit a setting today (see my blog for further details) and they have asked me to come back for a formal interview. :o They said I would walk the interview(whatever comment that means). :( I have a good feeling they may be giving me a job there. :ph34r: It is a very large setting to the point in which I have been told that there are 3 officers in charge of different areas and an overall manger plus owners. :rolleyes: There 2 baby rooms into different age groups, a 2-3room, a 3-5 room and an out of school club. ;)xD

Now I haven't worked in the Foundation Stage as a regular member of staff for a long time. xD Eekkkk What do I need to remeber, I know this is a part time postion working in the 30 + preschool room plus I think there is a senior post running the room(nothing as been said about this), so I assume it is only the part time postion. I am thinking just in case to look at the manageral side also. :wacko: So just being noisey as a nursery officer in charge what things should I be looking out for? :(

Oh please can you all send me postive vibes to help me finish my last essay. I have worked on it for days but I haven't got any further with it plus it has to been handed in on Thursday morning. :unsure: :( I am now feeling a little brain dead but I will have to work for a further 3-4 hours tonight, plus possible a very long day tommorow in which I am guessing I will be getting up at 7am to start working from 8-12 then a couple of hours break so then work for the rest of the day 2-10. No wonder my brain hurts feels like a massive mirgrane attack pending and I cannot see properly, silly dyslexia where did you come from? :ph34r::ph34r:

Thanks in advance. I have just read this back and it looks like a mixture of Donald Schon's reflection in action and on action. Something must be going in my brain. :ph34r:

Beth

I forgot to add that in the interview, there will be someone from their LA early years team at the same time. :( I have made a list of things to look over to remind me to read the information. :( I have also been reflecting on action (Schon again) about what I noticed in the short time I saw there. :o :wacko: Oppps I think I may be turning in to a nursery manager as I am thinking of improving practice at this level of involvement. :(xD

Beth

Its always good to see ways to improve practice at any stage and a fresh eye is always good to have :o at the very least you are enthusiastic!

As an officer in charge you would be looking to improve the practice and i would definately ask at the beginning which post they are considering you for!

Can you check out their website? or get a copy of the nursery prospectus to see what their ethos is? maybe get a job description from there if you can.

Don't forget to be up to date with the latest OFSTED info, they are looking at comments/complaints records in our area, first aid, food hygiene, procedure in case an allegation has been made against staff member amongst others.

Good Luck. x

When's the interview?

Not sure yet, still waiting for confirmation. xD I am sure they want me for the post of part time nursery nurse as the other post is full time. :o They have had a recent ofsted report well what can I say, they scored good all the way through. :( Unforunalty I cannot access their website which is on the childcare link website so I am guessing that they may be having trouble with it. :rolleyes:

Oh and thanks for the information about nursery management. :wacko: This is one area which in the last 9 months on the course I have gained an understanding on my foundation degree course and I have a feeling that the person from the early years serivce may ask some question on it. xD:( Hence the question in the first place. :(

Beth