Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict - Interactive Whiteboard

Hi, after some help and ideas please!

I have a lesson observation on Monday to see how well I use the IWB to support lessons. I teach a Nursery class in a primary school and the observation can be on any subject! Any good ideas that have worked particularly well for people?

Whoops in wrong area! How do I move it from inspections?

Edited by Guest

What area of learning/topic are you covering?

there are loads of websites that you can look at that have games and activities.

I often enhance an area of learning by devising a powerpoint set of pictures and using them to develop discussion and skills, eg: Positional Language. made a powerpoint with 4/5 slides with Still Life pictures on. Used some classics and some modern. Talked about paintings not photo's discussed Still Life then we used positional language to discuss where things in the paintings were.. in front of the bowl, under the window, in the middle, next to, etc etc.

I asked questions and had an "I'll give you a clue" game. When we went back into class we made our own still life paintings using pastels/paints and continued with the language.

Got loads of PP's on various topics but all at school at the mo I'm afraid.. might be able to help tomorrow.

Sometimes it is nice to have a photo for example of an animal on the IWB and then use the hiding window blind thingy (technical eh!) to reveal a bit of it at a time and the children have to guess what the photo is of.

Works well with older children with numbers and letters too.

What board are you using? Promethean or Smart or other?

I personally think that it is really important for children to physically 'interact' with the IWB. This might be a simple sorting activity or a 'move to reveal' type thing.

Hi thanks for the replies.

Our topics this term are a bit wishy washy - 'Th is for Things'?!? Focus next week is bags.

The blind thingy sounds interesting, if I can find it! Our whiteboards are the Promethean type.

Thanks Susan for moving post for me!

Ellie32,

Let me direct you to another fantastic, friendly forum for us Promethean users: http://www.prometheanplanet.com/common/html/vb_forum/

If you want the blind thingy, you'll find it if you click on the hammer and spanner button (along with other great tools).

I have made a page that has a background and a bag on it. I've hidden things behind the bag and the kids come up and pull the things out one at a time. I've tried to upload it but not allowed to. I'll try and email you.

Ok, can't email you either.

If you email me, I'll send you it.

mccormleeds at hotmail dot co dot uk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)