Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job Applications

Any thoughts on things to put into a letter of support on an application form. Someone said to have a punchy first few lines. Have never had to do one before having been appointed on completion of GTP at the school I was working in. Feeling very inadequate in one way and in another desperate to sell myself well as I'm sure I could do the job well! AOB

Make sure you cover everything in the Job Spec. I usually get the job spec and write all over it, with examples of how I meet the criteria. My supporting statements are usually massive. Don't feel silly about selling yourself - that's what you have to do. My boyfriend read one for me years ago, and gave me a tip that I alway remember. I had frequently written things like "I think......"

He said to be more convincing and put "I strongly believe......" or "This clearly demonstrates how I ...."

Good luck with it all.

Thanks so much for those ideas Shelley. I have just edited out the 'I try to....' and made a more positive statement as a result. It's hard isn't it, when you read through the big PR push it sounds as though you are blowing your own trumpet so hard! Still there's no-one else to do it before an interview is there?! xD

AOB

:o oops PS How did you get on yesterday? Hope it all went well.

AOB