Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Aggghhhhh What Have I........

beth1

Let myself in for. :( I am going to do the Race For Life on Sunday 3rd June 07 at 10.30am. :o:D I am going meet my uni friend and we are going to race together. I have an online sponsorship page, on the basis people who know me online can sponsor me! :(xD:(

Beth

Snap Beth- I feel just the same! 3 of my friends and I are entering the race in Eastbourne on 10th June! Looking forward to it! My intro pack arrived today with starter number etc.

Very exciting but better get going really- want to try and run most of it.

Great cause. I keep sneaking a peak at our online sponser page to see who else has donated. Could become a mild obsession!

Good luck let me know how you get on. But don't put me off doing it as yours is first!!!

Take it easy

Lisa xx

It was just a small pack with confirmation letter, sponsership form and race details. The booklet inside shows products to buy and has pictures of previous races (think they have picked out some of the most glamourous girls if thats possible- they'll put me to shame when I am all red and out of breath!)

So not full pack yet. Will have to wait for that too or do you get it on the day? Perhaps when completed.

One girl I am racing with has done it before and said got a sporty bag with t-shirt etc in but not sure about that? I would like a t-shirt though. Hopefully!

x

Good luck to you all

I did it with my daughter and a friend a few times and if I remeber right I got a starter pack then at the end you get a goody bag with bits in. You had to buy the T shirts.

Not sure what to do this year, we may enter a school team in memory of a lovely lady called Mandy who died on saturday.

You will enjoy it and be moved by the folk around you and their stories.

Jo

Hi Jo,

thanks- I am sure it will be moving. I am going to put my uncles name on the badge on the back of my top as he died several years ago.

You should arrange a school run then, thats a lovely idea especially as it was so recent. Good luck if you do

Lx

Thanks for reminding me - I must sign up too. I did race for life last year for the first time, and loved it; seconds after crossing the finishing line I was saying I would definitely do it again this year. I was so pleased with myself, as I managed to run all the way, having not run since cross-country at school (10 years earlier) - apart from running once or twice a week for the 5 weeks running up to the race. The challenge this year is to beat my time! :D

AGGHHHH what a shock this morning my intro pack came. :D Its really going to happen now must get on with training but I have soo much uni work to do. :(xD All I need now is some sponsors and then it may make it more real. :o

Beth