Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Needed......

beth1

I have just had some feedback on wednesday's interview. I did really well but I struggled on a few areas which are:

What are my skills, I talked about my computer skills only.

Self-confidence/independance, did not give details about B23 knowladge.

behaviour, too brief not enough details

I was also told to bring in my knowladge from my Foundation Degree course but I was told by someone else not to bring in that knowlagde.

So guys I am lost so I need you to help me with ideas for:

skills with children

self confidnece/indepence with B23

behaviour

So then I will be able to do better interviews in the future.

Thanks in advance

Beth

I have just had some feedback on wednesday's interview. I did really well but I struggled on a few areas which are:

What are my skills, I talked about my computer skills only.

Self-confidence/independance, did not give details about B23 knowladge.

behaviour, too brief not enough details

I was also told to bring in my knowladge from my Foundation Degree course but I was told by someone else not to bring in that knowlagde.

So guys I am lost so I need you to help me with ideas for:

skills with children

self confidnece/indepence with B23

behaviour

So then I will be able to do better interviews in the future.

Thanks in advance

Beth

I personally would have shared information you have learnt from studying the FD as this not only shows you to be a dedicated professional, interested in moving forward with the profession as a whole, but it also highlights the development of your personal skills and knowledge. You should be proud of your achievements so far and I would have to share that with the interviewers to show them what a fantastic deal they were getting!

In terms of self-confidence and independece, are you talking specifically about the children, or your own self-confidence? Sorry, I'm a bit confused by what you want from that!

The skills with children statement is a bit of a difficult one! What do they mean 'skills with children?'

As for the BTTM stuff, there is LOADS on here that will be able to help you, as it has for me and now finally, we are getting somewhere with it at work.

Hopefully, someone else will understand you better and will be better in their advice! Sorry, Beth! It's been a long, long week.... :o

Thats ok

well really it was about my skills with children ie books etc what ever that means

and

self confidence/indpencance in young children B23.

and

possibly managing behouvour the question was vage when it was given to me.

Beth

perhaps you could of described your favourite story how you would engage the younger children,I love telling stories without books sometimes using props sometimes not but always engaging the children for instance so i would of told them about this.

Not to sure about the question of bt3 but perhaps its toilet training, are you familiar with the strong child,competent learner etc?

The last question how would you deal with a child showing behaviour difficulties?

You would find out the settings policy on this.

But basically no restraint unless in any danger to self,or others you would try and distract them to start with,remove them from the situation,explaining clearly your reason and your expectations and why.

In my experience children can tell by the tone of your voice (there is no need to shout)you mean business.

You would never carry this on but just carry on as normal.

You would always be looking to praise where due for good behaviour and try and ignore bad when you can.

If this carried on you would ob,record talk to parents and put an IBP together with parents.

Sorry it is late had lots of wine :o Hope it helps tho Im sure you will get much more sound advice from others :)