Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Passing Eyps

Dawn, you should get a pay rise for doing EYPS - your setting is entitled to get £5000 a year for the next two years - i have been put on to salary and have had a £1500 pay rise to do programme and will get another pay rise when I achieve the status.

~ I completely agree Shelley,

I am about to go on the gateway review process to see which route i am doing for EYPS (the gateway review process scares me LOL), I also don't have my maths or english but have been told i can do EYPS (been provisionally put on short route) and take an equivelancy test for english and maths., I can complete EYPS without having achieved maths and english but i won't get my letter to say i have completed it till i have maths and english, so basically i can take a year and a day to get maths and english (believe me that is a distinct possibility LOL) but can complet EYPS in the allocated period but just not be awarded it till later. This is fine with me because getting EYP means nothing to me in terms of financial gain (won't be getting pay rise) but it will affect my practices (for the better).

Doing EYP is an exciting venture and im pleased to be doing it so early on, but i do think it needs tweaking here and there too.

Dawn :)

That;s what I also heard - to be honest I cannot remember what I got being that b..y old. I know I got an English but was it language or literature or does it even matter? I don't know and a Grade 1 CSE - thought this was equivalent to a Grade C. Am trying to find out what I did get from my school and the examining bodies - no idea which examining body I took - so it may be that I will ahve to do the Milton Keynes route someone mentioned earlier and I don;t want to become a teacher. My maths as it stands will hold me in good stead for dealing with the Under 8's anything over that well the grey cells might not cope. thanks everyone for the info

Nikki

I was on Day 3 today of the Validation Route, and I enquired about the equivalency test for maths. The tutor said that it is an option for anyone who doesn't have their maths, but she said that it is a difficult test, and unless you've been doing maths recently, then people would find it difficult.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)