Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Help

HI

I am hoping to start the EYPS soon, but have been informed i need to do a maths and english equivelency test to be awarded EYPS. I have been told i can study for and take this test whilst doing the EYPS but if i don't pass the tests i can't be awarded EYPS even if i succesfully complete all criteria for EYPS.

Now i was hopeless at maths at school. never took interest in it.

I am pretty sure my english would be okay as i have already done a degree so my english is hopefully at a sufficient standard (i hope!).

I had an example maths paper sent through with all the info for the equivelency test and my god its hard.... so does anyone have any ideas of where i could improve my maths (either online, or any books i could use, that are indeed user friendly)... there is no tuitition through the university for the maths test, you just turn up and sit it and hopefully pass it, but i know im going to have to brush up some skills.

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

This is an area that I am going to have to look at when my degree is finished. Although I have English CSE grade 1, I didnt fair very well in the maths department. Have you considered studying for the GCSE via home study, it does cost about £180 but you study at your own pace, are given expert tution and take the exam when you feel ready, heres the link

http://www.maths4all.co.uk/gcsemathematics...CFRJUEAody0kMCA