Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Should I....?

beth1

I have seen a job advert for a couple of vancies in the same nursery: a deputy room leader level 3 and min 2 years post qualis exprence and nursery practitioners level 2/3. I am not sure of the hours of eather jobs. :o

The positves the nursery looks nice on the internet, they have a waiting list for the children wanting to attend, Ofsted reports daycare 2003 good and nursery education 2004 good. :D

Now the negatives so I have been told that apparently the staff are not allowed on communcate with each other just children , they constantly adverstse for staff approx every 6-8 months. :(

I am not really sure but I could do with a job. :( Any ideas everyone? xD Also I have been told by my college that I cannot get a student support fund unless I have a paid job in childcare! :(

Beth

I think that you should go for it Beth. Like you said you can't get a student support fund unless you have a paid job. If it is a bad as someone has said then you could always leave, i can't really understand how the staff can't communicate with each other though - surely that would be impossible wouldn't it? That said, it might actually be a positive - there are some day's (like today) when i wish i didn't have to communicate with any of my collegues and that i could just get on with it with the kids :o haha

I don't think you should let that put you off. I'm sure they don't mean you can't communicate with each other, just not at the detriment of the children. i actually sort of agree, sometimes staff just talk over the children's heads, chatting amongst themselves and not interacting and encouraging language with the children. After all, we're they're for them, not just to chat to eachother.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Just to let you know that I have applied for the jobs and I have an interview next Thursday morning. :D

Now I just need to practice my interview skills! :( AGGGHHHH not another one. :( Oh heck what type of questions are they ask me this time. :wacko: :oxD:(

Beth