Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fao Beth1

I didn't get the job not experinced enough!! :( How many years expeince do they want 10 years!!! :oxD

I am applying for another job - senior nursery nurse (head of room) so that will be fun! Got the application form and basic job spec. I can do the job at this senior level, I just hope I can get the answers to the questions right. Brining in my Before and After school club coordintior role in with them aswell. This role is also working within the B23 age group. :D

The annoying thing is that I can get a B&A school club leader but not a room leader doing a very similar job.

Beth

That's a shame. What was the position you went for and why did they feel you were not experienced enough? Was it just that you were not experienced enough, in their opinion, with babies and BTTM or just in general?

What sort of questions did they ask you? Remeber if you need any help with matters BTT, I am here to help! I need to do a whole changeover within the baby unit from FS to BTTM, but I think it is going to be a long process!

Which room are you applying to be leader of? I'm assuming that as you'll be needing to work to BTTM, it is either babies or toddlers?

Clare

First anwser:

They did not give a straight answer. I did not know it was a room leader postion until I got there.

There was 9 questions in total. Mainly about keywork and room leader for example can you tell me what the role of keyworker and room leader is? I really struggled with this question as my mind went completely blank! :o I had a really strange one about writing plocies and procedures on Health and Saftey. :( And I thought I was going for a nusery nurse job not nursery manager!!! :wacko: How would you deal with a disstressed parent? AGGGHHH told them that this thing had never happend to me. Planning and record keeping, I have always had pre-planned planning or the room leader planned for the children. There was loads more but this is what I can rember. xD

Second anwser:

Not sure which room just states I need to have BTT training is an advantage. Which I have now had. I think this job is full time but they have 4 rooms, 0-1 senior job share role, 1-2 senior role, 2-3 not sure if there is a senior role and 3-5 senior role. There website is not very upto date as the deputy is now the manger. :unsure:

I will just have to wait and see, I have got experince of working with children from birth to 16 years old. 3 years post qualified and a further 3 as a student nusery nurse/assistant on college placements. :rolleyes:

Overall

I have done some planning examples for each age group under 2's, 2-3 and 3-5 to show them that I can plan. They were very impressed to how well I can plan for each age group. :D

So I cannot workout were I am going wrong as most of the job interviews I have been to are telling me that I gave detailed and good understanding of the questions asked to me. I am now in fear when I go to my interviews that I will be turned down and it keep getting repeating rejections. I just wish I could show them how good I am working with young children.

I have also been told repeatedly by the settings I work on supply that I am a excellent nursery nurse who know and understands the job. I am a good team player and in the past have worked upto that level of seniorarity occasionallly covering for the senior in each room when I worked perimately in my last job in a DN, as well as a B&A School Club Co-odinatior.

So what I am doing wrong? ;):(:( When I go for just a nursery nurse job I get told that I have tooo much experince and they turn me down. So when I go for Senior nursery nurse jobs I get told I have toooo little experince, well they cannot have it both ways unless I am right in the middle of both?

Sorry didn't mean it to be sooo long. xD

Beth