Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Little Annoyed

Lucie

hi, i went for a job interview earlier in the week. they said they would call on friday regardless of whether i was to be offered the job or not, so that if i hadn't got it i could ask for feedback.

they didn't call. :o

i can only assume that i didn't get the job - which is fair enough, but i just feel that they could have called to let me no.

i could have really used the feedback form the interview as well so was really disappointed at the outcome.

laura

Maybe they have a valid reason for the delay, if you don't hear from them on monday, maybe give them a call.

Maybe no news is good news :o

I always tell interviewees the outcome whether job offered or not. however, once I offered a job to the successful candidate only to have it turned down, I then wanted to meet with the rest of the interview panel to confirm agreement of our second choice. ( which is not necesarily second best, just different criteria met, if you know what I mean)

Peggy

I have known all sorts of reasons why a phone call to candidates does not happen. It could be anything at all, but I agree, if you don't hear on Monday then you are perfectly entitled to ring up on Tuesday and ask why you haven't heard anything.

There is no point in speculating or assuming you are unsuccessful. If you were promised a call and it is not forthcoming one working day after it was expected then it is fine for you to call them.

My son is in a new job. When interviewed he was told a day when he would hear. The day passed by. Late the following day(not a friday, note) he received a phone call offering him the job - they had wanted to tell the unsuccessful ones first!!!! Not a wise move, really, but they got him!!

Sue

Can I just back Peggy up on her comment. We recently had the same - picked our 2 successful candidates - one said not sure as need to think about dropping money and the other had another interview the next day!

We had 2 'reserve' candidates who we would also have been happy to employ and I felt awful leaving tehm waiting - I didn't want to turn tehm down then ring back and say - er actually.....!