Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help With Blog

I have started a blog but im a little confused when it asks me for my url, i dont want to take an image from a website, i want to get it from my own files - im not usre how to do this

any computer wizzes out there

Hi,

Steve is the computer whizz you need to help you out, but if I remember correctly you don't need to use the image upload tool.

Further down the screen is a 'file attachments' bit.

Click on browse and a window will open up with your files on your computer.

Find the file of the picture that you want to upoad. The file path will then appear in the box on the blog page.

Then click 'add this attachment' and the page will refresh with a hyperlink filename.

You then need to click 'add into post' and the file path will appear in the post.

You can then cut and paste into the appropriate place in the text as it usually defaults to the start of the typing.

Click on preview post to see if it works!

The image upload is used if you are just finding an image to illustrate a point and not for a personal photo, which doesn't tend to be used on here.

You could always post into the gallery, like others have done, the same system as above applies.

RB x

Of course, I could have got that completely wrong, so please post again if it doesn't work!