Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sorry! Another Question About Pending Ofsted

Hi really sorry to bother you all again!

Is it appropriate to have plenary's as part of Foundation Stage planning. I haven't been doing so because the way we have been working/ playing it hasn't seemed appropriate. But will OFSTED want to see that?

I do a very informal recap at this point of the year, quick such as what is our favourite letter today? What numbers have we been thinking about today? Mainly do number rhymes and letter jingles, i wouldn't really call it a plenary as I associate that with the more formal Literacy Hour or Numeracy time which I think is only appropriate later on in the summer term. I also ask the children to talk about something new they have seen today/learned today...it can be hilarious what they come out with though so be warned!

I think you can have a recap/ review type plenary at the end of the morning and at the end of the afternoon rather than after each lesson/ session.

I was under the impression that a beginning, middle, end type structure was still looked for but may be out of date.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)