Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Calling Anyone In & Around Cambridge

apple

Hi all

this is a big plee for help. My mum has just been diagnosed with liver cancer... as you can imagine we are all devasted. She will be moved from Ipswich hospital to Addenbrookes next weekI live in Brum and my sister in Ipswich and dad works during the week in Gosport!

I have done a googel search for accomodation but nothing seems to be available. I'm looking for a couple of weeks rental of holiday let as near to cambridge as possible. I wanted to know if there were any mobile home parks where we could rent a van for a while. B&B seems to be extortionate for the length of time we may have to stay. Does anyone have any ideas? I have looked at the YHA in Cambridge but havent put this to my family yet!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

love Apple

sorry to hear the news apple. big hugs.

have you thought of going on to the addenbrooks web site and seeing if there is anything on there about local accomadation. or see if they have some sort of family accomodation you could use. down in somerset myself but will ask about at work to see if any one knows of anything.

keep your spirts up . thinking of you

xxx

Guest MaryEMac

Hi, Apple,

Sorry to hear about your mum. I live just over an hour away from Cambridge and I know of these places if they are any good to you.

Bank Holiday Cottages www.bank-cottage.co.uk

Mrs J Carter Tel 01945450425

or

Common Right Barns www.commonrightbarns.co.uk

Mrs T Fowler Tel 01945410424

These might be handy if you can't get nearer to addenbrookes

Best of luck

Mary

Sorry to hear your news.

I live about 40 mins from Cambridge - it is very expensive so I would advise trying to find somewhere a little further out if you will be driving. having said that I should imagine transport is pretty good to and from Addenbrookes. There are a few good B+B's where we live but I don't know what you're looking to spend. Have you tried the upmystreet website? There is a 'find my nearest...' option on the site which is good.

Good luck and if all else fails - I have a spare room... :o