Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Kung Hey Fat Choy

We've had a lovely week leading up to Chinese New Year. We've made New Year cards, changed our cafe into a Chinese Restaurant, made Chinese dragons, lucky money envelopes, tasted lots of Chinese food and had some great fun trying out chopsticks to eat with and to pick things up in the water and sand. The children (and parents) have really enjoyed it.

We haven't managed to get through all the activities we planned - we'll make our animal masks tomorrow.

We've had lots of stories about Chinese customs etc. We taught the children how to say 'Happy New Year' in Chinese - it was great this morning when the children came in and wished us a happy new year in Chinese - they were really pleased with themselves when our Y2 teacher said how clever they were to be able to speak Chinese - everyone new that came into class for the rest of the day got the greeting :D .

How did anyone else's celebrations go? I know from the forum that others had things planned - I'd love to know of things that went really well.

Harricroft.

Kung hey fat choy Harricroft

we have had tasting day today-most of them had a go but some just wouldn't try!! Can you take the peas out said one of them of the egg fried rice!!!

We are going to make a dragon tomorrow! I'm sure that will go down well.

Linda