Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

If You Don't Give My Football Back....

Hi

Don't think that I have mentioned that a friend of mine wrote the song that Adidas have used for their latest advert. The song is called Eaney Meaney by Jim Noir (not his real name). You know the advert, the one with the two boys playing football and picking all the world cup players to play on their teams. The song is one of those tunes that stick in your head all day, with the line "if you don't give my football back, I'm gonna tell my dad on you"

He has just finished a UK tour with his band and will be supporting KT Tunstall soon. He isn't particularly mainstream at the moment (music is kind of happy "pop") but new stuff is kind of thing will hear more of on the radio.

Got free tickets to see him at Academy in Manchester recently - are great live. I hope he goes on to bigger and better things this and next year. :D

Let me know if you have heard of him (and if you like the music). He does have a website and a MySpace site.

What do you think of that Adidas advert (personally, don't think Adidas paid him enough but he did get a free pair of boots and went to Germany to see an England match last week)

Hi

My son and I have just gone onto myspace and listened to him, really enjoyed it and now will try to see him at the Isle of Wight Bestival !! I really admire these go it alone musicians, good for him :)

Teri

quote "What do you think of that Adidas advert (personally, don't think Adidas paid him enough but he did get a free pair of boots and went to Germany to see an England match last week)"

I'm sorry but I can't think of the tune at the moment but I do know the ad, I will look up his website later.

I must admit I did think it must have cost Adidas a fortune to have all those football heroes in the as, maybe that's why the finances ran out for your friend.

It is good when someone you know becomes successful commercially in the music business, especially when you know about all the many, many gigs and years of hard work prior to recognition. A friend of ours is the lead singer from Bodyrockers, you know "I like the way you move", this track has been used for many commercials and he did make lots of money from it. He then got to number 3 in the charts just weeks before his father died ( also a good friend of ours). It was reassuring that his dad was alive long enough to see his son succeed so highly.

Good luck to your friend and hopefully his career dreams will be met pretty soon.

Peggy

Hi

He did get paid an amount that sounds like alot but when you take manager's cut, record label cut etc etc - not such an impressive sounding figure! Not what he deserves (but I am biased). He plays live with "The beep seals" - think they are all one band now (writing and recording together). His first EP was recorded on his computer at his mum and dad's house (bless)!

For those of you who like internet games - spend a few minutes on www.ifyoudontgivemyfootballback.co.uk

Peggy - I love that Bodyrockers song and will look out for more from them.

Thanks Teri. Hope you enjoy the gig. I wish I could go but will be away then. I have only been to his local gigs.