Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job Application

OK second time lucky. I've just written this and it disappeared with the click of a wrong button.

I apologise if you see this twice.

I am on the verge of filling in an application form for the post of a teacher for pre school special needs children.

I have been teaching special needs kids for 10 years so feel fairly qualified, however I have not been teaching reception and this is one of the things under person specification. However, I have taught reception and feel that I do know how to do it and I know about the foundation stage and the profiles etc and feel I could pick this up relatively easily.! xD

I am going into help at my daughter's school from next term and am looking at various courses too. I have a 4 year old so feel quite well versed in how to deal with them in many situations and am aware of child development.

I am also stuck in 'positive, confident and sensitive management of people. I work with a variety of support assistants and communicate on a regular basis with parents...is this enough???

I lack confidence in my own abilities , especially after a recent incident at my school, so basically HELP!!!!! :(

I need any comments by the weekend please as I want to send the application off on Monday. A positive beginning to the new term. :D

Thank you all in advance and have a great new year. I look forward to the ever growing topics of conversation in the new year. Have a good one :o

Kate

:o Just talking to myself...am reading Person specification and am required to have a working knowledge of the legislation relevant to the education of children with SEN... now I should know this, but get so wrapped up in it vthat I cn't see the wood for the trees..(Help!)

and recent general educational developments as they affect the education of pre school children with SEN in particular.

Many tyhanks for your wisdom xD

Hi Kate,

I've just been in a very similar situation myself and I would say go for it what have you got to loose?

Sell yourself and wow them with what you do know! Thats not always easy I know and you sound very much like me in many ways. I thought about my threshold application when I was writing my form but perhaps you've not been in that incidious position?

Legislation is surely the Code of Practise and you know that, don't you? The terms are different for early years but I can't see any other major differences.

Surely there has to be some sort of learning curve in every job or there wouldn't be much job satisfation would there? I stressed the life long learning bit too or at least I tried to.

Good luck.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.

Susan