Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Classroom Ideas Wanted!

I am moving from reception to year 2 in September. :o The head wants me to make the curriculum more fun/learning through play based. I have been offered £1500 and an artist to develop the learning environment. Just wondered if anyone has any great ideas. I have a blank canvas at the moment so any ideas would be much appreciated. I am going to spend some of the money on new tables (a horeshoe one etc) but I would like to develop a multifunction area that can incorporate role play. The book corner also needs to be developed. The year 1 and year 3 classroom have already been developed. Year 3 have a large tent area a bit like a circus tent!

Have just found out that the artisit is coming to see me tomorrow. :)

Thanks in advance for any fab ideas

Andrea

We once had a story castle in class and this really motivated the children to read, my talented nursery nurse made it out of material that was decorated like castle bricks and climbing ivy. Currently we use a colourful gazebo and change the theme within it every half term to fit our topic- it could be a history topic, story theme or science area etc...hope this helps

I'm sorry we don't have any photos of it...we had a frame fixed to the wall by our kind caretaker , the wall provided the back of the castle and then we had three other batons attached-one at each side and one at the front. The decorated material was stapled to this, it went down to the floor and we had two net material windows to 'spy' on the children and cut a flap for a door within the material too. We then put floor cushions inside it and dangled shiny card star shapes with focus words on from the top of the castle and had a word wall with shiny 'word bricks' made from shiny paper on the main wall at the back...it was fab but then we moved classrooms and have had no space to establish it again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)