Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dance Ideas

Does anyone have any good ideas for a dance lesson with a theme of wheels/moving/transport. I cannot think of anything inspirational. Also what music would people suggest to accompany this?

The children could pretend they are riding a motorbike in 1s then 1 behind the other as if they have a back passenger; driving a car on own then with passenger at side for working in 2s or passengers in back for 4s, or people carrier,etc for more passengers. Could also use arms to mimic movement of wheels on car or train, sit on mats and pretend they are rowing boats,or taking a magic carpet ride etc

Can't think of much music though apart from I am sailing, Rod Stewart- for boats, the locomotion for train, Round and round by Sugababes, the wheels on the bus or theme from disney's aladdin for magic carpet ride, the JCB song that's been out recently....I'll keep thinking!!!

The wheels on the bus :o (Could you adapt it for different modes of transport - the sail on the boat blows in the wind etc)

We have a book and CD at school with a lovely track about a train speeding up and slowing down. Can't quite remember the name - something like "Listening to elements of music"? - you could always make your own tambourine music to get the children to follow changes in tempo.

The wheels on the bus  :o (Could you adapt it for different modes of transport - the sail on the boat blows in the wind etc)

We have a book and CD at school with a lovely track about a train speeding up and slowing down. Can't quite remember the name  - something like "Listening to elements of music"? - you could always make your own tambourine music to get the children to follow changes in tempo.

55135[/snapback]

think the train song might be the one in 'Michael Finnigan, Tap your Chinigan'. Goes something like :

This little train goes up the hill, up the hill, up the hill.

This little train goes up the hill, this little train goes slowly.

This little train goes along the track .... goes faster.

This little train goes down the hill ... goes racing.

We do it in music, the children move round using the arms for the movement of the wheels, going slower and quicker according to words.

When we did transport I did the Train Ride from the Write Dance programme, if you have this?

We also travelled to music of diff speeds and pitch (?- high/ low??!!!!) and move daccording fast/ slow, up and down hills.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)