Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ready To Return!?

Well the holidays are almost over xD but it's been a great couple of weeks for me, getting all the little things done that I never seem to have time for when I'm at work :o ! Anyway, hope everyone had a great break (those that did)! Have a good first week back!

Well, I've done my usual time management, wrote a "To Do list "on the 31st March, dipped into it over the last 2 weeks, but not really achieved much. Today I'm left with the task of doing 30 invoices ( once I've checked that they have paid all of last terms fees), registers, new staff induction paperwork. Planning, and writing up the notes from our staff in service training day ( although maybe that can wait).

These are just 3 , now priority items from my To Do list, the other 15 tasks will have to wait. :oxD

I'm looking forward to going in tomorrow, but also looking forward to leaving my manager to get on with it after the initial morning rush, while I return to "the home office"

Peggy

Guest MaryEMac

Hi Clare,

Yes it's been a good two weeks. I was able to spend time with my grandchildren(6 and 1), and my husband took a week off so we had a couple of days out. He also decided to fit a new shower unit which entailed drilling through a wall. Big bang, no electricity. Husband okay. Luckily son is electrician so he came and sorted it. :o It will be good to see the children though (I think!!)

Mary

I know tonights sleep will be fitful - always is just before we return to school. I've really enjoyed my 2 weeks and got loads of non-work stuff done (mostly in the garden - making the most of the weather), which unfortunately means I still have work to do before tomorrow :o as we've had guests since Thursday - the last of whom will leave at tea time.I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed them being here, but could kind of do with some time to get my head straight before going to bed.

Have fun everyone - May bank holiday will soon be here! :D

Back to work tomorrow. My 'to do' list has grown in the holidays xD - as quick as I tick things off :D I add more to it :( .

I have decorated my son's bedroom , started to decorate my daughter's (they have swapped rooms), put together a climbing frame, tiled my mum's kitchen, helped to put up 14 fence panels in my sister-in-law's garden, almost finished end of year payroll and tried to do things with my kids in between :o .

BUT all the paperwork I planned to do is still in a pile beside my 3ft pile of ironing. I was supposed to be doing paperwork now but I keep lingering on this site. It's much more interesting.

Still only 5 and a bit weeks to half-term :(:( !

What is the paperwork doing to us all----------------------------------------making us feel guilty when we have spent time with our families and catching up on jobs/hobbies during our holidays. I spent all Monday evening catching up on paperwork, feeling guily because I went away for a long weekend then spent time going on trips with friends and grandchildren instead of doing pre-school things. I have now decided that I MUST do something about the situation.

Well I managed a few belated "no paperwork days"!!! and I have enjoyed my holidays, not thinking about work, planning or anything other than family stuff around the house, I also had a few lovely days out and for the first time in ages actually relaxed but in the morning I really must get everything ready for monday so that I can enjoy the last few days of the holiday without that feeling of dread "what have I forgotten to do" hanging over me,

musnt forget May Day either!!

Happy holidays to those that still have some left and hope your enjoying your new term to those who have already started back