Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interactive Ideas For Sensory Areas

Hi has anyone got any good ideas for interactive resources or activities for an under the sea sensory area or a space sensory area.

Thanks Tracie

We had an under the sea 'corner' before. We hung big strips of cellophane from the ceiling creating a curtain effect. I don't know how old your children are but you could make a treasure chest with lots of things in it for them to explore. You could make star fish pictures with glue and sand, a tape player with sound of the ocean or something similar. Hope this helps - this is all i can come up with at the moment as my brain is suffering from massive chocolate overload!!! :D

What about fluffly sand with bits hidden into it - and and washing up liquid whisked together - makes a fantastic sensory activity. Perhaps putting those little counting fish in. Just trying to think how you could make some slimey seaweed - you know that sort of seaweed that comes in long bits - slightly waxy and yet slightly slimey too - I'll have a think.

Nikki

Nikki

Fluffy sand wow not heard of it . So you just whisk sand and washing up liquid? Cant wait to have a go. Thanks for the ideas. I am off to ikea next week so will look out for the finger puppets. Looked in the Lewisham A Place to Learn book and they had a treasure box full of sand with little trinket boxes around and small nuggets of fools gold hidden in the sand the children were asked to find the fairies or was it pixies gold using small tea strainers/sieves.

Thanks again Tracie

What about fluffly sand with bits hidden into it - and and washing up liquid whisked together - makes a fantastic sensory activity.  Perhaps putting those little counting fish in.  Just trying to think how you could make some slimey seaweed - you know that sort of seaweed that comes in long bits - slightly waxy and yet slightly slimey too - I'll have a think.

Nikki

Nikki

53953[/snapback]

I know it's not seaweed, but chammy leather cut into strips might do the trick? Very slimy feeling when wet :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)